Saturday, January 24, 2009

A book recommendation

There was really no interesting Coraline news today, although you could go here to see someone applying makeup to Neil Gaiman, or go here for the world's shortest Neil Gaiman interview.

So instead, I'd like to take the opportunity to recommend one of my favorite books of the last year. It's called Un Lun Dun, and it's by an author named China Mieville. I hate book reviews that reveal plot, so all I'll say is that it features a heroine that's quite a bit like Coraline and takes place in a London that's somewhat similar to the one explored in The Golden Compass. I actually learned how to pronounce Coraline's name from an interview with Mieville about Un Lun Dun.

It's available at Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, again!

    I've finished the "Other Mother" themed scarf and I was wondering how I ought to go about sending you photos.

    I am also working on another scarf in orange to be a companion scarf to "the Other Mother" and themed towards Coraline herself. (i.e. her Pajamas)

    Also, which site have people received bad dolls from? I very much want to order one, but now live in terror and dread that it will come with a black nose.

    ReplyDelete